“On a Roll” Top 10 Personal Finance Blogs You Need to Check Out Today
This is going to be the first of many “On a Roll, Top 10,” a series that will cover the Top 10 in any category bouncing around my head. If you want me to cover a certain category, just shoot me a e-mail over here.
Let’s kick off the inaugural “On a Roll, Top 10” series with one of my favorite categories, Personal Finance, and in this instance, personal finance blogs.
Need a personal finance blog? Take your pick, Get Rich Slowly, Wise Bread, I Will Teach You to Be Rich, the list goes on for the large blogs.
But sometimes an up-and-coming blog has more of that Personal side to it that I know is better for my situation. They respond to your comments, your emails, and more willing to lend a hand where larger blogs don’t have the manpower to handle every reader. (No dig at them! I cite and will continue to cite Ramit’s material :))
They also are more likely to accept your guest post as well as chat with what their working on, tips on blogging and finance, and so much more. I spend many hours reading a bunch of them and make sure to focus on what works for them to better the 7Minute Entrepreneur for you, the reader.
Check out these blogs (in no order)
1) Modest Money: Jeremy’s blog has grown at a light speed rate. He is generous with his guest posts as well so there’s always a fresh variety. He’s also a incognito blog guru, great posts on building your own blog.
2) Careful Cents: You will find Carrie on her great site, but also guest posting and freelancing on many other sites. She’s everywhere! Check her out!
3) Club Thrifty Greg and Holly are a dynamic marriage duo that gives you the man and woman perspective on finance. Another blog that has blown up that I frequent and you should too!
4) SeeDebtRun: Michelle and Jefferson are another power pack that focus on eliminating debt to make a better life for their growing family. Perfect for families that want to climb out of the black hole of debt!
5) MarriedWithDebt: John and his wife paid off over 100K of debt, and he maps out exactly how they did it. He covers tons of topics so head over there now!
6) Money Life & More: Lance tackles accounting in the morning and personal finance at night. A great guy that is always open to helping out, and I recently guest posted over there. Check it out on the media page.
7) Plunged in Debt: Catherine tackles debt and demonstrates her great writing on this site. Check her site out now!
8) Work Save Live: Jason has a dynamic blog that also has crazy good growth. He tackles tons of topics so there’s a lot to read over there, so join 3,500 others who’ve already found him!
9) The Savvy Scot Check out the Savvy man’s bucket list, he’s already done so much (you’ll be jealous). He nails personal finance and has a fitness challenge as well for those among us growing horizontally instead of vertically….
10) My Canuck Buck Cat gives full transparency for her goals with the blog, what she needs to work on, and what she’s succeeded at. She’s generous with other blogs and I always look forward to checking out her new stuff!
There’s tons more personal finance blogs out there, but these are one’s I definitely have kept an eye on and you should too!
Which blogs do you want to see on here? Leave a comment below!
Remember to subscribe right below and get immediate access to Insider Material for VIP members including the e-book “7 Strategies to Invest in Yourself Today.” Your personal brand equity is at stake, reclaim it now!
Lots of great blogs on that list and thanks for including mine. I just subscribed to your RSS feed…so hopefully I can read more of your stuff. I’ve noticed you often tweet my posts, so thanks for that. I honestly do appreciate it.
Thanks for the comment! Appreciate signing up for RSS. Love what you’re doing over there and you’ve had tons of success so keep it up!
I’m always happy to tweet good stuff! Cheers!
Hey Joe. Thanks a lot for the mention. Don’t really want Savvyscot to grow to a level where I don’t have time to interact with readers on a 1:1 basis! Love what you have done here and keep up the good work. Let me know if I can help you at all! 🙂
Yeah I hope to always have the time for my readers.
Thanks for commenting SS! I’m learning watching what others are doing like yourself!
I’m always happy to help you out!
Thanks for posting this. It’s helpful to know where to find the best personal finance blogs out there. Because of this list, I followed these blogs on Twitter and I’m looking forward to getting their updates!
Thanks for the comment, yep they’re great not just for their blogs, but also the people behind them are awesome, so make sure to reach out to them or comment on their stuff because they’re great.
What a way to place some links in there. Nice word play. I see you are doing quite well in the standings, so keep up the good work.
Getting there John, thanks for the support 😀